Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 3:00pm to Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 4:30pm Webinar/Teleconference
Increased oversight and post-payment medical review audits (ADRs) continue from CMS.
Key areas with the greatest denials center around certifications of terminal illness (CTIs), physician narratives, and face-to-face documentation. If your agency has recently gone through any Medicare recoupment of dollars related to denial centered around a CTI, physician narrative, or face-to-face, this is a must-attend webinar for your team.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand regulatory guidelines related to medical director, NP/PA, and IDT
- Detail how Medicare hospice eligibility requirements are met through appropriate CTI, physician narratives, and face-to-face (F2F) documentation
- Address the critical nature of utilizing LCDs
- Identify common areas of Medicare post-payment denials
Part 1 of this five-part compliance series will begin with the hospice medical director, NP/PA, and IDT. You’ll learn about the regulations and requirements related to the roles and responsibilities of these critical positions and functions within hospice. Emphasis will be placed on both the technical and clinical requirements for Medicare hospice eligibility. The webinar will review how to document to support both eligibility and ongoing terminality. Examples and review of how to use the LCDs in determining qualifying hospice admissions and recertifications will be presented. Who can, and how to, properly complete a face-to-face (F2F) that supports decline and terminality will be explained step-by-step. All hospice medical directors, NPs/PAs, and directors should attend this well-explained webinar on their roles and the function of the IDT which is critical to the hospice process.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all executive and clinical leadership of the hospice agency and team, especially the hospice medical director, hospice physicians, NPs, and PAs. It is recommended that directors, QA staff, intake staff, marketing personnel, and key IDT members attend this webinar.
- Sample medical director service agreement, job description, and evaluation
- Medicare LCD guidelines
- Weblinks to hospice electronic CoPs and valuable websites
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.