Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 3:00pm to Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 4:30pm Webinar/Teleconference
Mismanaged, misplaced, or missing medical and business records are more than a nuisance – they are a liability.
HIPAA, federal legislation, state data breach notification laws, and e-discovery guidelines require you to preserve, protect, produce, and purge records. This webinar will provide record retention best practices to ensure compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage and maintain business records, PHI, EPHI, and PII compliantly
- Write, implement, and enforce best practices-based records retention policies and procedures
- Establish records rules for emails, texts, mobile devices, social media, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, web, and other e-tools
- Distinguish between business records and non-records
- Define and defend HIPAA’s 18 identifiers, PHI, EPHI, PII, and ESI
- Adhere to HIPAA’s privacy and security rules
- Preserve, protect, produce, purge business records and PHI in accordance with HIPAA and the law
- Support records rules with employee training and best-in-class technology
- Stave off privacy claims and other workplace lawsuits
- Apply best practices, expert advice, and legal/regulatory compliance tips
Best practices call for strategic records management programs, complete with comprehensive records retention policy and procedures. Failure to safeguard PHI (protected health information) and EPHI (electronic protected health information) could lead to HIPAA investigations, financial penalties, and disgruntled patients. Mismanagement of business records, including PII (personally identifiable information) and ESI (electronically stored information), could trigger costly lawsuits, damaged reputations, and decreased revenues. You can’t afford to leave records retention to chance. Compliance with federal/state laws and HIPAA’s privacy and security rules is mandatory. Attend this program to learn best practices-based strategies for effective records management. Participants will receive valuable tools, including a sample records retention policy, records retention guidelines, and an informative whitepaper to help your organization manage records, minimize risks, and maximize compliance.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for records management, IT staff, human resources personnel, training coordinators, managers, administrators, and all legal, privacy, compliance, and information governance teams.
- Record Retention Policy for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Guidelines for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Rules for the Healthcare Industry
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
The ePolicy Institute™, Business Writing Institute™ & Marijuana Policy Institute™