Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 1:00pm to Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 4:30pm Webinar/Teleconference
Post-payment medical review audits are on the rise and hospice eligibility is under strict scrutiny.
Hospice 101 will serve as a great introduction for new employees and an excellent refresher for experienced staff regarding the hospice process with an emphasis on eligibility.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define Medicare hospice eligibility requirements
- Support hospice eligibility with documentation and understand what is required
- Identify the importance of completing the Notice of Election (NOE) and Patient Notification of Hospice Non-Covered Items, Services, and Drugs
- Explain the four levels of care
- Describe the benefits of using local coverage determinations (LCDs) when documenting
Hospice 101 will take your agency through the hospice process and basics while highlighting eligibility, which is the top reason for medical review audits and denials. The webinar will explain who is eligible for the Medicare hospice benefit, admission documentation requirements, and how to support and maintain ongoing eligibility. The use of LCDs to help with documentation best practices to support eligibility in high-risk areas will be covered in detail. It will review the NOE and patient addendum of non-covered services, and how to correctly complete these forms. In addition, the four levels of care and required documentation, hospice admission paperwork, and the certification process will be covered.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is recommended for all new hospice staff and will serve as an excellent hospice benefit refresher for board members, quality assurance staff, compliance personnel, DOPCSs, educators, admission team nurses, clinical managers, intake staff, liaisons, marketers, and business development teams. It will also benefit home health administrators who are interested in adding a hospice agency to their service portfolio and care continuum.
- Model hospice Election Statement and Addendum example
- Valuable links to CMS and other tools, including:
- Hospice Documentation Audit Tool
- Hospice GIP Audit Tool
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.